Avoid for 10-14 days medications that cause blood thinning or inhibit clotting such as:
• Aspirin & aspirin containing products
• Coumadin, Warfarin, Lovenox, Plavix, Pletal, Ticlid, Trental
Contraindications to Juvederm include:
• Infection at proposed treatment sites
• Active inflammatory process at proposed treatment sites
• History of keloid formation or hypertrophic scarring
• Pregnancy or breastfeeding
• Current immunosuppressive therapy
If there is a history of facial cold sores, there is a risk of exacerbation. Please discuss with physician medications that may minimize the risk of recurrence.
Multiple injections might be made depending on the site and depth of the wrinkles.
After treatment there will be moderate to severe swelling, some redness and bruising. These symptoms will resolve in about 7 days.
JUVEDERM POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
• Do NOT touch treated areas for 6 hours. After 6 hours, the areas can be gently washed.
• Do NOT massage treated areas for 48 hours.
• Do NOT exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
• Do NOT drink alcohol for 24 hours after treatment.
• Avoid excessive sun exposure, UV lamp exposure, tanning, and cold outdoor activities until
redness and swelling resolve.
• After treatment there will be moderate to severe swelling, some redness & bruising. These
symptoms will resolve in about 7 days. Please contact office if these symptoms persist beyond 7
• Ice frequently for comfort and to reduce swelling.
• Take Tylenol as needed for discomfort.
• Please schedule a follow up appointment in 2 weeks.
• Results vary from person to person, additional treatments may be necessary to achieve the desired
level of correction.
• Periodic maintenance injections, generally within 4-6 months, will help sustain the desired level of
For more about Juvederm contact Dr. Garry Lee at LookYoungerMD in Henderson, NV.